Sunday, November 20, 2011

giving

from a journal entry 1.4.2011:
One of my conscious activities for this month is to give. It's funny, I feel like I don't give much, but at work, I give all day long. One may not see the fruits of what I give, but in trying a shoe, in providing a safe space, by saying something encouraging, by defending a student, by listening to a teacher rant about a student or their trip abroad, by joking with a fellow colleague, by providing "insights" to an intern, by giving a hug, by providing a smidge of confidence...I guess I give a lot more than I thought. I have been beating myself up over not doing service, over not being generous, but boy, I'm not that selfish. I could always be more generous, but I'm working towards the conscious "I am going to give" process too.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment